Hama-rikyu garden used to be a garden of Tokugawa Shogunate. Originally it was built in 1654, and gradually successive Shoguns improved. After the Meiji Restoration, Imperial family owned, and the name changed from “Hama Goten” (Hama palace) to “Hama Rikyu” (Hama Imperial Villa). After World War II, it became the public park of Tokyo in 1945. This is one of the large and beautiful traditional Japanese gardens in Tokyo.